Relocating to NSW

We operate more than 60 laboratories, three mortuaries and around 200 collection services across NSW.   Our staff work in the Sydney area as well as regional centres such as Newcastle, Wollongong, Tamworth and others. We also have facilities in smaller rural communities.  

Australia is roughly the size of Western Europe or the mainland United States. It has one of the most affordable, accessible and comprehensive health care systems in the world.  Visit here for more information about the Australian Healthcare system.

NSW is the largest and most cosmopolitan state in Australia. It is also the most populous with approximately 7.3 million people. NSW offers a range of employment opportunities for those wanting to work in the public health and justice systems.  Visit here for more information about NSW.

The NSW Health system

NSW Health Pathology is one of several agencies within the NSW Health system.  We provide expert pathology, forensic and analytical science services for our health and justice systems.  

Money and banking

The Australian dollar (AU$) is the official currency of Australia. It is possible to open an Australian bank account before you leave your country. Some of the major Australian banks include:  

Foreign exchange and international payments providers can advise transferring money to Australia.  Visit here for more on the cost of living in Australia.

Finding a home 

You will most likely want to rent a house or apartment. This can be done privately via the property owner, or more commonly through a real estate agent. Properties are advertised in metropolitan and local newspapers, and online at or   

Tax and Tax File Number

To receive an income in Australia you need a tax file number (TFN). Australian workers are required to pay tax on their income to the Australian Government, which is usually deducted in increments from each pay.

You can apply for a TFN once you have arrived in Australia. Applications can be lodged online via the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) website.  You will be required to submit a Tax Return at the end of each financial year (July 1 – June 30).


Investing in superannuation while you work helps you to save money for retirement. Nearly every employed person in Australia is a member of a superannuation fund.

Employers are required by law to pay a minimum 9.25% of your annual earnings into a superannuation fund of your choice. You can also contribute extra money into your fund if you wish.  On leaving Australia, these funds can be transferred to your overseas pension fund or paid out. 

Health and wellbeing

The Australian Government provides free public hospital cover and subsidised medicines via a health scheme called Medicare, which is available to all eligible Australian residents. 

Many Australians also have private health insurance to cover other medical and related expenses such as dental, optical and ambulance.

Visit here for more information on private health. 

For more information contact HR Support Services 
ph. 1300 667 065