Work for Us
Being part of NSW Health Pathology means you’re helping create better health and justice systems.
Our pathology services touch people at every stage of life. We help improve the management and treatment of disease and illness, and provide the answers families need when faced with the unexpected and unexplained loss of a loved one.
Why work for us?
We are a government agency that operates for the good of our health and justice systems and the well-being of our communities.
At NSW Health Pathology, we invest in our people as well as the technologies that ensure we can deliver the answers our customers need when they need them.
We are at the forefront of emerging fields such as genomics, biobanking and bioinformatics which will influence healthcare for the future.
Our pathologists, scientists and forensic specialists are some of the most well regarded in their fields and are actively involved in developing the next generation of experts.
Whether you’re involved in laboratory diagnostics, developing new and specialist tests, providing direct patient care, or finding ways to help improve our pathology and forensic services, you’ll be continually challenged and supported.
What we look for
We want people who consistently demonstrate respect and integrity. We want employees who embrace teamwork and are committed to achieving excellence, both for themselves and for NSW Health Pathology. These qualities are our organisational values.
If you think you have the RITE qualities, then NSW Health Pathology may be the place for you and your career.
- Respect: we acknowledge and value the opinions, skills and abilities of others and treat others as we would like to be treated.
- Integrity: we act professionally, honestly and consistently, and are accountable for our decisions and actions.
- Teamwork: we recognise the contributions of others, value diversity and collaborate with others to achieve our goals.
- Excellence: we strive to exceed expectations by delivering innovative, quality services and outcomes.
Our staff must also comply with the NSW Health Code of Conduct, which sets standards of ethical and professional conduct in NSW Health in line with its CORE values of collaboration, openness, respect and empowerment.
We offer competitive salaries, superannuation and a range of other benefits including:
- a friendly, collaborative and innovative work environment
- development and recognition opportunities
- various leave arrangements, including paid maternity and parental leave, and flexible work options to help staff achieve an appropriate work-life balance
- a range of health and support programs to help ensure our staff look after themselves and their families
- opportunities to help improve our services and create better health and justice systems
- salary packaging opportunities to increase your take-home pay
We want our employees to fulfill their personal potential regardless of race, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin or physical ability.
We value the diversity of our staff and 28.8% of our employees are from non-English speaking backgrounds, 32% of our employees are over the age of 55.
We’re developing strategies to increasing the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff, support opportunities for people with a disability and encourage development opportunities for women, who make up 74% of our workforce.
For more information contact Recruitment & Workforce Operations Unit
ph. 1300 667 065